Shores is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Whenever we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, it will only ever be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Shores may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page whenever using our services to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from October 2017.
What we collect for our mailing list
We may collect the following information:
- Email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences & interests
- Information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We are committed to ensuring that the information you share with us is stored securely. We never store your information on unprotected external hard drives & only ever use protected cloud based software. In order to ensure your customer details are protected, we have put in place physical, electronical and managerial procedures to safeguard all information we collect.
Here are a few reasons why we collect data from our customers:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- We may also periodically send promotional emails about new products, new artists, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You will be able to unsubscribe from these updates by clicking the link at the very bottom of each email.
- We may also contact you to gain customer insight via phone, fax or email. This will be in the form of a short survey and we will use the information gathered to improve our service. You can decline to take part in any feedback sessions.
- We will never sell, distribute, publish or lease your personal information. By handing over your personal data, you are not agreeing to third party access, unless we are required to share by law. There may be occasions where we send you information about a third party company, but all communications will be from us directly.
By using our website you are agreeing to cookie tracking. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive.
Cookies allow web and browser applications to respond to you in a personalised way, customising your experience with the websites you visit. The application can tailor operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about the way you interact with the internet.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data regarding webpage traffic, popular content and how visitors interact with the website. We use this data to improve our website and to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. This data is company property and will not be published publically.
Links to other websites
Our website, particularly our blog, may contain links to third party websites of interest. We are not affiliated with these websites. When you click these links you leave our website. You should be aware that by leaving our website via these links, we do not have any control over that other website and what you experience once you are there. Thus, we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide when browsing the websites we have linked to. We generally link out to other websites to add context to our website users, a backlink is not an endorsement from Shores.
Limiting access to your personal information
You can restrict the amount of data we have access to by doing the following:
- Whenever we prompt you to fill out a form (during a newsletter sign up or purchase), you only have to fill out the boxes that are marked with a red tick. These indicate the most important information we need to fulfil your request. Anything extra that you provide will be securely stored to help us create a better experience for you. You do not have to give us any information that is not required.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email.
- If you would like to sign up for our newsletter, you will have to complete out double-opt in service which ensure you have all the information you need before signing up and that you fully understand what you are signing up for.